Year 5 blog

Life and learning

Energise Workshop

on April 25, 2014

Energise are a group of people who help people to understand about Christian Beliefs in a fun and interactive way. We we’re lucky that they came to our school as we are learning about Christian beliefs too. The first activity that we did was we we’re given a Sticker to put on our foreheads and we had to guess who we were without anyone telling us. The aim of this was to see who you were and to help  make the right choice. We also learnt that Christians believe that we should trust one another and we did this by playing a blindfold obstacle course. One person tells you the right way and one the wrong. You need to learn to trust the right path. It was a really good workshops and we even got some sweets as well as learning more about Christian beliefs!

written by Y5 blogging managers, ET and JLR

11 Responses to “Energise Workshop”

1. Holly says:

When the energise people came in.they were Christians and they taught us what is was like to be a Christian and how it feels. When we played the game where one person said the wrong direction and one person said the right directions they said it was difficult to know who to follow because they didn’t know who was saying the right directions and who was saying the wrong direction. At first I didn’t really know what this had to do with Christians, then Sarah said that you have to make the right decision and if you make the wrong decision, then it can’t always turn out right and Christians ask god to help them make the right decision. This workshop was really fun I and I really enjoyed it.

• Well done Holly. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Mrs South

• Iestyn Evans says:

I enjoyed it to and would love to have another workshop in the future to. It was nice to learn something about Christian beliefs but having fun as well made it even more special.

• Nancy says:

wow that is a really good way of putting it and every thing you said was amazing! I especially enjoyed the part when you put that you didn’t understand what the game had to do with christianity but when Sarah told you you understood and that means you leant that very quickly, which is good.:{)

2. Daisy says:

I really I joyed it. My favourite games was were we had stickers on our heads. I had Harry styles on my head.

3. Holly says:

Yes it was very fun.

4. Paige says:

I really enjoyed it. My favourite game was when we had stickers on our heads and I had spongebob squarepants. It took me a long time to guess who I was but in the end I guessed it.

5. Darcy Palmer says:

i really enjoyed the obstacle course it was awsome.

6. Owen says:

I thought it was great and I really enjoyed it. My favorite game was when one person had to go to the other side of the room and get the sweets but they were blind folded.Whilst one person told the blindfolded person to go one way and one saying the right way. Also, I learnt more about Christian beliefs and I’d love another workshop.

7. freya says:

it was amazing meeting the people from energise they thought us a lot about being a Christian. the best part was the game with the stickers on our heads I had ben 10. I wish I could say thank you 1000 times more to the people at energise thank you