Year 5 blog

Life and learning

Southwell Workhouse. A Brilliant Day.

on October 3, 2013

image

9 Responses to “Southwell Workhouse. A Brilliant Day.”

1. kian says:

this wa realy fun dressing up and roleplaying as we were in the victorian work house. It can help us with our diarys

2. Samuel says:

I thought the actors were very good and the games at the end were actually quite fun for old games. When we first arrived it looked quite scary! I also thought that it was absolutely huge, nearly the size of Buckingham palace!

3. Asher says:

That was the best trip ever!!! I loved it soo much and the acting of the people (Matron, Master, Maids and teacher) was amazing. I especially loved the games.

4. Iestyn says:

When it says ‘write a diary entry’ do you mean like 8;45 I arrived at school and at 9;15 he coach arrived. Please let me know as soon as possible.

• Hello Iestyn,

Yes, we wanted you to imagine that you have a diary and that you are writing about your day at Southwell Workhouse. Remember to make it engaging to your audience.
      Mrs South

5. Freya says:

It was a really funtastic day it was a really big surprise when we saw the toilet out side!!!

6. Iestyn Evans says:

It was fun dressing up as Victorian children – it certainly helped us with our diary writing.

7. adam says:

hi, the work house was real good. hope you enjoyed